Pregnancy massage is similar to normal massage. The main difference is that we adapt the techniques we use to ensure the wellbeing of both yourself and your unborn baby.
We can for example use firmer massage to help relieve any discomfort you may be feeling or perhaps you’d prefer a softer touch to help you relax. Please be rest assured that our therapists are fully trained in pregnancy massage and all the techniques used are safe for mum and baby.
Once your little one has arrived, you can also treat yourself to a postnatal massage. Your body will have been through a lot so it’s great to relieve any tension and help you relax if you’re struggling with those sleepless nights.
There are many benefits of pregnancy and postnatal massage including:
- Relief from aching muscles and joint pain
- Loosens muscles which is particularly beneficial in the later stages of pregnancy when it becomes increasingly difficult to move around
- Increases blood flow
- Reduces stress
- Can help to alleviate common pregnancy problems including leg cramping, sciatica, swelling in the hands and feet (as long as the swelling isn’t a result of preeclampsia), carpal tunnel pain, headaches and sinus congestion
- Helps to ease anxiety which is something pregnant women and new mums often experience
- Releases those feel-good hormones
- Promotes and improves sleep
- It’s a great way to boost your mood and feel great
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or rearrange your appointment, please give us 48 hours notice. We pride ourselves on meeting your needs and remaining flexible, after all we know things crop up! Without 48 hours notice, please understand that a 50% cancellation fee will have to be charged.